What emotions are triggered when you see the above logo – belonging to DesignContest? I’ll take a close guess: the feeling of calmness and serenity? Or is it the feeling of stability, reliability, and class?
Yes, that’s what a great logo design does to people. It triggers a certain emotion that connects with you in a way that you can’t explain. And this may explain why up to 90% of individuals make purchasing decisions (subconsciously) based on the color and design of the brand.
Specifically, your logo is your most powerful symbol. It boosts your brand’s awareness and recognition, attracts new customers, and sets your business apart from the competition. It’s the first thing your clients see and is instrumental in developing the right image for your brand.
In this article, I will walk you through how to get the perfect logo for your brand. Specifically, we’ll look at the DesignContest crowdsourcing platform, including what it is, how it works, its benefits, and more.
Feel free to jump ahead!
What is DesignContest?
DesignContest is a crowdsourcing platform that connects thousands of designers with clients worldwide. It’s a community shaped by the joint efforts of contest holders and talented designers. The company was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, United States.
The platform allows contest holders to choose from various great designs created by professional designers from across the world. Among the design services you can get from DesignContest includes:
- Logo design
- Website design
- T-shirt designs
- Label design
Here, we’ll focus on how you can get a logo made for you by thousands of talented designers. So, without further ado, let’s see how logo design works at DesignContest.
How DesignContest Works
DesignContest connects clients with a huge pool of logo designers like other crowdsourcing platforms. There are two ways to get a logo design in this platform, including:
- Hiring designers directly
- Holding a logo design contest
Let’s see how each of these methods works:
1. Hiring a Designer Directly
Here, you get the chance to hire one of the 293,000+ qualified designers at DesignContest. The following is a step-by-step guide on how you can start a one-on-one contest for your logo:
Step #1: Create a brief
In this section, you’re supposed to provide brief information about your project, including your business’s name, what it deals with, your budget, and your deadline. You can upload a relevant file or protect your project from outsiders for a fee of $39.
Note: Once you hit the “Save and Continue” button, you’ll be prompted to register an account if you’re not a member.
Step #2: Hire designers and communicate
After creating a DesignContest account, you can invite up to 3 designers to your project, who should reach out to you with a quote. You can then pick one designer to work with, based on the quote and their work.
Step #3: Payment
Here, you pay the designer after they deliver your project.
2. Create Your Contest
The second option involves your creating your contest for your logo design. You create a contest, set a prize, get logo designs from hundreds of designers, rank the designs, give feedback, and choose the winner.
Here is a step-by-step guide on creating your contest at DesignContest:
Step #1: Select what you need
Here, you select the kind of design you need. It could be a Logo Design, Website design, T-shirt Design, or other designs that you may want.
You need a logo, so you’ll click on the Logo Design.
Step #2: Enter details about your business
Here, you’re supposed to share information about your business. Let’s go through some of the information you need to share here.
- Your brand or business name: This is your business’s name
- A brief description: Here, you’re supposed to provide a brief description of your business and what you’d like designed.
- Select your favorite designs: Here, you’re supposed to select the type of design you’d like for your logo. Your choices can be Woodmark, Pictoral Mark, Letterform, Emblem, Character, or Calligraphic.
- Select color preferences: Here, you’re supposed to choose up to 5 colors that you like. Also, you’re prompted to decide where your logo will be used, including print, online, merchandise, television, signs.
- Choose your design style: Use sliders to select the style you like the most. The options you have are playful vs. serious, loud vs. subtle, minimal vs. complex, etc. You may also upload additional files here.
Step #3: Pricing and upgrades
Here, you’re supposed to select pricing and the upgrades for your logo project. DesignContest provides you with various contest pricing and upgrades plans, as follows:
- Contest Pricing
You have several pricing plans to pick from in this case, including Economy, Standard, premium, and Custom. Let’s see more details on each of these plans:
- Economy: This is the most affordable pricing plan. For as low as $295, you can get up to 50 logo design entries.
- Standard: This is the recommended pricing plan. For $495, you can get approximately 110 logo design entries.
- Premium: For $895, you will receive approximately 210 logo design entries from the best logo designers across the world.
- Custom: You can also create a custom pricing plan for your logo design. The minimum amount, in this case, is $295, with a higher price attracting better designers and increased quality designs.
Note: You can switch the currency from USD$ to several other currencies, including Euro, RUB p., AUD, AU$, etc.
- Contest Upgrades
There are also several upgrades to the contest as follows:
- Duration: Normally, the contest takes seven days to complete. But for an additional $29, you can have the contest moved earlier or later, depending on how soon you want or how many designs you want to see.
- Guaranteed: This upgrade allows you to get 150% more designs but commit to selecting a winner at the end of the design. It means that the 100% money-back guarantee is voided.
- Promoted: For a $69 fee, your project is promoted in DesignContest’s social channels featuring 200,000+ users, attracting more designers. That includes both Twitter and Facebook posts.
- Private: As the name suggests, this upgrade hides your project from Google and a third party. Designers must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to protect the project from unwanted parties. You pay an extra fee of $59.
- Featured contest: For an extra $49, your contest gets featured at the top of the contest list. This increases your designer entries by 40%.
- Blind: This upgrade blocks designers from seeing each other’s entries, promoting creativity. The fee is $39.
- Top designers: For an extra $29, you can ensure that top-level designers will participate in your logo design project. In turn, this will increase the number and quality of the designs you get.
- Highlighted: Your contest will be highlighted for an extra $19, attracting more design entries.
- Add 2nd and 3rd place prizes: Attract more designers by adding a prize for the second and third-placed contestants.
Step #4: Payment
Here, you add your payment method. You may choose to pay through PayPal or a credit card. Add your billing information and confirm.
Step #5: Review and offer feedback
A few hours after submitting your content, you’ll begin getting quality design entries. Review your top choices, rank them, and offer feedback to improve the design concepts that you receive.
Step #6: Pick the winning design
The last step involves you picking a winning design. Yes, this may be a tough decision to make, given the number of quality logo designs you’re likely to receive. Choose the design that resonates with your brand and your customers and
Do you want to stand out from the crowd? DesignContest has a variety of unique designs that will set you apart from the competition. Here are some of their most notable benefits:
- You can get your logo for as little as one day.
- You’ll get unique, high-quality designs that will set you apart from the competition.
- Affordable prices
- Satisfaction guaranteed – if you’re not happy with your finished product, You’ll get back your money.
- Privacy and collaboration tools – You’ll work with designers in complete privacy or chat and collaborate on projects in real-time.
- there is the money-back guarantee
Even better, DesignsContest has a great feature for the Non-native English speakers. It allows you to switch between languages, i.e., German, French, Spanish, and Russian.
Did you know that 42% of Americans state that logos tell them about a brand’s personality? Yes, you heard that right. That’s why you need to create a memorable logo that resonates with your clients and prospects. One of the best, easiest ways to arrive at such a logo is through DesignContest – a crowdsourcing platform featuring thousands of talented, professional designers from across the world.
DesignContest is an engaging community of creative professionals looking to work with companies like yours. Their talented designers have the knowledge and skills you need for your next project, from logo design to web design.